Get Adobe Flash player

Bienvenidos a un espacio para compartir, comentar y aprender.

ClassifiedMotoXV920R.jpg

Moto Club Oeste

Este es el encabezado opcional del foro para el buzón de sugerencias.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seattle coach Pete Carroll had

Seattle coach Pete Carroll had 1 month 4 weeks ago #65958

• zhangzk
  • Navegador Experto
Seahawks dropped a second straight game in the final minute.However http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-john-cominsky-jersey , Carroll wasn’t sounding the alarm on his team’s season after a 36-31 loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday.“We aren’t slowing down. We’re going to keep running the football, keep setting the tempo,” Carroll said. “I love the way we’re playing. We just have to stay alive and keep going.”The success of the Seahawks’ running game is what has Carroll confident about his team’s hopes of contending for a playoff spot. Seattle (5-6) ran for 273 yards — the eighth most in a single game in franchise history — despite Chris Carson missing the game due to a hip injury. Rashaad Penny, who was selected in the first round of last April’s draft, had his first 100-yard game as a pro with 108 yards on 12 carries.Penny missed most of training camp due to a broken finger before slowly working his way back into the rotation once he improved in the pass game and on pass blocking.“I feel like I’ve grown up the last two to three weeks,” Penny said. “I told myself the whole game that I can do this and the coaches trust me.”Russell Wilson, who was 17 of 26 for 176 yards and three touchdowns, had just 11 pass attempts going into the fourth quarter. That was the lowest number of pass attempts through three quarters in his seven-year career.A turnover by Wilson has loomed large in both of Seattle’s recent losses. Last Sunday against the Chargers, he threw an interception in the fourth quarter that was returned for a touchdown. This week, he fumbled the ball on a strip sack by Rams linebacker Dante Fowler that was recovered at the Seahawks’ nine yard line with less than six minutes remaining. One play later, Brandon Cooks scored on a nine-yard run to give Los Angeles a 36-24 lead.Seattle scored on its ensuing possession and got the ball back after holding the Rams to a three-and-out. Wilson got Seattle to the Rams 36 yard line with 39 seconds remaining Qadree Ollison Jersey , but three straight incompletions ended any hopes of a comeback.The Seahawks haven’t been able to force a turnover in either loss, which has frustrated the defense.“We just needed one tip ball or on the ground to flip the script and we didn’t come up with it,” defensive end Dion Jordan said. “We played these good teams hard twice and didn’t come up with the win. Pete doesn’t want us to get down on ourselves. This has to be turning point for us going into these last couple games.”Seattle’s decision to call a surprise onside kick down 26-24 with under 10 minutes remaining ended up costing them. Carroll said Sebastian Janikowski hit the ball wrong, which led to an easy recovery by Rams wide receiver Josh Reynolds. The short field ended up leading to a 20-yard field goal by Greg Zuerlein.“Before that play, actually, I see them talking to the ref and kind of pointing in that area. Something’s a little up. And then I saw his approach,” Reynolds said. “I used to be a kicker in high school, so I saw his approach change right when he was about to kick the ball, so I knew what it was.”The Seahawks have five of their final seven games at home, but it is not an easy stretch drive. It starts on Thursday night against Green Bay and also includes a game at Carolina (Nov. 25) and home games against Minnesota (Dec. 10) and Kansas City (Dec. 23).“We feel like we are a lot better than our record shows,” linebacker Bobby Wagner said. “We had some plays get away from us and we lost some games. There’s still a lot of football left. We’re confident that we’ll pull it out.” In a story June 27 about a sports exhibit at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum Marquise Brown Jersey , The Associated Press reported erroneously that the memorial and museum president was named Alice M. Greenwood. Her surname is Greenwald.

A corrected version of the story is below:

Museum exhibit highlights impact of sports after 9/11

New exhibit at 9/11 Memorial & Museum highlights impact of sports after 2001 attacks

By MELISSA MURPHY

AP Sports Writer

NEW YORK (AP) – A new exhibit at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum highlights the impact of sports after the 2001 attacks, including the Mets’ win in New York’s first major sporting event after 9/11.

”Comeback Season: Sports After 9/11” explores how sports helped unite the country and features interviews with athletes such as Hall of Fame catcher Mike Piazza.

”In that first game back, the home team came back and won,” said Piazza, whose two-run homer for the Mets in the eighth inning on Sept. 21, 2001, lifted the team past Atlanta. ”That’s exactly the lesson the city, the country and the world needed to see that night.”

Carol Gies attended that game with her three sons and celebrated the moment in the stands. Her firefighter husband, Lt. Ronnie Gies, died in the attacks on the World Trade Center.

”When that ball went over the wall, I saw my children smile for the very first time since they lost their dad http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jaylon-ferguson-jersey ,” she said in an oral history recording.

The exhibit covers various sports, including football, hockey, basketball, soccer, NASCAR, the New York City Marathon and the 2002 Winter Olympics. The story is told in nine chapters, using archival sports footage and testimonies from athletes, coaches and 9/11 families.

It opens with the U.S. Open final of Venus vs. Serena Williams on the weekend before the attacks. It moves through the cancellation of events, including the first stoppage of Major League Baseball since the death of President Franklin Roosevelt in 1945.

The Mets’ and Giants‘ stadiums were used as recovery and supply sites after the attacks. Piazza’s jersey, his batting helmet with ”NYPD” taped on the back and John Franco’s FDNY hat are on display.

So is Pat Tillman’s Army Ranger uniform Miles Boykin Jersey , on loan from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tillman, an Arizona Cardinal player, enlisted after 9/11 and died in Afghanistan.

New York Rangers Mike Richter, Eric Lindros and Mark Messier are pictured during a visit to thank rescue workers at ground zero on Sept. 16.

There’s a quote from Mets manager Bobby Valentine: ”When we went down there the first time, you could still smell it. You could still feel it. You could see the filth on the faces of the workers. When they saw us, their faces lit up. You could see their teeth through their black masks.”

A letter from 10-year-old Brielle Saracini to Derek Jeter dated Sept. 14 is on display. She explains to her favorite player that her father, Victor Saracini, was a pilot of hijacked Flight 175 that crashed into the south tower. Soon after, Jeter called to invite Brielle, her sister and mother to a game.

In the World Series, the Yankees hosted the Arizona Diamondbacks among heightened security for Games 3 http://www.packerscheapshoponline.com/cheap-authentic-darnell-savage-jr.-jersey , 4, 5 at Yankee Stadium, just 14 miles from ground zero. Video shows Jeter hitting a walk-off home run in Game 4 and jumping into the arms of teammates at home plate.

Michael Jordan is pictured with members of the military before a Washington Wizards vs. Knicks game at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 30. Jordan had pledged his entire year’s salary to the 9/11 relief effort.

”Through the lens of sports, this exhibition celebrates the strength of the human spirit and our capacity to come together and support one another through unimaginable grief,” 9/11 Memorial & Museum President Alice M. Greenwald said. ”This story provides additional points of entry into the complex story of 9/11 to better understand our history and the impact it had on our world today, to reflect on our own lived memories from that time and to feel inspired by stories about the best of humanity.”

The exhibit was sponsored in part through the support of the Anheuser-Busch Foundation, MLB, the New York Mets and their chief operating officer, Jeff Wilpon. It runs through the summer of 2019.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds